Grant, my tattooist, really enjoyed these rich chocolate brownies. Oh, did you know that I have a few tattoos? Nothing that will embarrass me too much later in life. Anyway, around 1996 when I was getting tattoos and adding on to the house at Leslie Avenue in Rotorua, these brownies were often baked fresh for morning or afternoon tea.
- ½ Cup Cocoa
- 125 grams Butter
- 1 ½ Cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 125 grams Peanuts/ Sultanas [optional]
- Melt Butter
- Add Cocoa, Sugar, Eggs, Flour and Baking Powder.
- Add fruit &/or nuts if using.
- Beat well.
- Pour into greased and lined tin.
- Bake at 180 C for 30-40 minutes.
Remove from oven when only just cooked. Remove from tin while still warm or it will stick. Best eaten warm and fresh they also make a great dessert with whipped cream.