I found this recipe in a very old cookbook and it became a favorite of Diannes. She had her own herb garden and likes to mix and match herbs to make butters and oils so this recipe is often made with different combinations of herbs and no green pepper.
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 onion- diced
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Parsley
- 1 teaspoon each of Thyme, Celery seed, Basil and Chives
- ½ teaspoon each of Paprika, ground Pepper and Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic- crushed
- 1 green pepper- chopped (optional)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and cook until golden brown.
- Add the rice, herbs and seasonings and stir well, and add the chicken stock.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for 15 minutes; or until the rice is tender and the stock has evaporated.
Time: 20 minutes.
Serves 4-6 people.