We cant really remember where this recipe came from although it may have been one that was used in a school cooking class. The recipe adapts well to be cooked as rissoles or meatballs.
- 800 grams minced beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup stale breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- Combine in a bowl until well mixed, hands work best.
- Shape into 6 patties and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Cook either in a frying pan or on the BBQ.
- Assemble on buns with your favorite salad bits.
- Top with sauce. (Sweet Chilli, Sour Cream, BBQ etc)