I love peanut butter and I love all of the flavors that go into this sauce. It is fantastic teamed up with meats marinates in the Harlows Satay Marinade but just as nice on poached eggs or off the spoon!!! Hollandaise is still my favorite sauce but this is a close second. Harlows Restaurant was at the Criterion Hotel in Napier in the mid 1980s and my brother Chris and I both worked there for a time.
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon each of Chilli powder and Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 1/4 Cup Fruit Chutney
- 1 jar Peanut Butter (approx 40o gram)
- 1 Cup water
- Cook onion in oil
- Add Spices then wine and chutney.
- Cook gently until heated.
- Add peanut Butter and enough of the water to make a smooth creamy sauce.
- Serve warm on grilled meats or anything else you like.
This is so yummy you just have to lick the spoon!!!