Harlows at the Criterion Hotel in Napier was where I worked when Alisha was a baby. The food was an eclectic mix of styles including Mexican and Italian.
This marinade works well for pork, lamb, chicken or beef and is not restricted to use for skewering. Try lamb rump steaks or chicken breasts for variety. Team it up with Harlows Peanut Sauce.
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemongrass,
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 onion (finely chopped or minced)
- 1 teaspoon each of Crushed Garlic, Ground Cumin, Tumeric and salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Mix well to a sticky paste.
- Coat 1 kg Meat (diced if you are going to skewer it) and leave to marinate overnight. Turn occasionally.
- Thread skewers (if using)
- Cook on a BBQ or grill according to the cut of meat and serve with Harlows Peanut Sauce.