Marja and her family lived across Kusabs Road, in Rotorua, from us when Dianne was a baby and we shared many occasions with them. This slice was a favourite at childrens parties and also adult afternoon teas. I have even served it as a desert with some fresh fruit and whipped cream.
- 1pkt of jelly crystals
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 packet sweet biscuits
- 175 grams melted butter
- 1 teaspoon gelatine
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- Dissolve jelly in the first measure of boiling water, put in fridge to cool.
- Crush biscuits and mix with melted butter, press into a 20cm square tin.
- Dissolve gelatine in second measure of boiling water.
- Mix with condensed milk.
- Pour over biscuit base and return to the fridge to set.
- When set pour over cooled jelly and return to fridge until set.
- Cut into squares.
Dont try to rush this. Make sure the layers are set before adding the next.