This is a beautiful creamy liqueur that made an appearance in our home during my teenage years. It is similar to Baileys and can be modified to replicate many cream liqueurs that are commercially available. The recipe structure is quite different to commercial products and this may not always produce the same results in layers shots or baking.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 tsp chocolate essence
- 1 tsp coconut essence
- 1-2 tsp instant coffee
- 150 mls cream
- 1-1½ cups whiskey or rum
- Beat eggs until really thick and creamy.
- Add all other ingredients in and mix well.
- Keep refrigerated for as long as you can before drinking.
Serve straight, over ice, in shots or Cocktails
Variations -By altering the flavours and alcohol you can make other popular Cream Liqueurs
- Coconut & Pineapple essence with white Rum = Sex on the Beach
- Chocolate and Mint = Chocolate Mint Cream Liqueur
- Coffee essence and vanilla = Coffee Cream