Hedgehog slice is another name for this popular and easy to make treat. I recall these types of uncooked slices being very popular in the late 1970’s and collecting various recipes from friends and family. This one seems to have stood the test of time and remained the recipe of choice.
- 125 grams Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 Packet plain biscuits (250 grams) Crushed
- Melt Butter, Sugar and Cocoa.
- Cool slightly then beat the egg in quickly.
- Pour into Crushed Biscuits and mix well.
- Press into a greased slice pan.
- Ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with coconut, 100s & 1000s etc
Please feel free to add your favoutite variations via a comment.