Highlander Sweetened Condensed Milk was a staple in the pantry and had many uses. I recall the easy dessert of Cornflakes and bottled peaches with condensed milk dribbled over the top…and sneaking spoonfuls of leftover condensed milk from the fridge. These biscuits are light, crisp, easy for the kids to make and freeze well. It also makes lots!!
- 500 grams Butter (soft)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (400 gram)
- 6 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 6 Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- Cream Butter, Sugar and Condensed Milk
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into balls, place on tray and flatten with a fork.
- Bake 180°C for 12 minutes.
Variations include Chocolate chips, peanuts, Cocoa, Almond Essence…..