My daughter, Alisha, has requested this recipe for my grandies, Zachary and Lillian. OK they are only 7 months old but they already know how to put stuff in their mouths, so plaudough they shall have.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Salt
- 4 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 2 cups Water
- Extras – Food Colouring, Glitter, Spices etc
- Mix Dry ingredients in a saucepan
- Add water, colouring then oil.
- Heat gently turning the mix slowly until it is smooth and leaves the side of the pan.
- Don not panic if it starts to go lumpy – it will smooth out as it cooks
- Knead with lightly floured hands.
- Store in an airtight container.
Cooking Variation – I have heard that you can make this by putting the dry ingredients in an electric mixer bowl and adding Boiling water – with the mixer running until it is smooth and leaves the sides of the bowl- and it cooks up just fine. Must try this method Did it and it works – too easy
Variation -I have also made this without colouring then divided into smaller amounts to make several colours.