Any way of turning leftover vegetables into desserts or sweets has got to be a great idea. My sister Anne-Louise made this when we were teenagers although Im not sure that she still makes it. Great for fund raisers and little girls parties – the boys like it too but perhaps colour it blue or green.
- 2 ½ Cups Icing Sugar
- 1 ½ Cups Coconut
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- ½ – 1 Cup of cold mashed Potato
- Red food colouring
- Sift Icing sugar into a bowl.
- Add Coconut and mix together
- Mix Potato and vanilla then add to dry ingredients.
- Knead until smooth – adding extra Icing Sugar so it is not sloppy.
- Press half of the mix into a greased tin.
- Colour the remaining mix pink and press on top.
- Cut before it sets to firm.
Variations: Green with Peppermint essence, Yellow with Lemon essence, Pink with Rose essence……..