Whoot whoot…finally after over half a lifetime of dreaming I have tickets to see Rod Stewart live!!!!! Brisbane on 22 February 2012 (204 sleeps to go). In honour of this auspicious occasion a Scottish recipe is in order…. and what could be more Scottish than short bread. This recipe is easy peasy …remember to be light and gentle with the mix.
- 1 Cup icing Sugar
- 250 grams soft Butter (do not use margarine)
- 2 Cups Flour
- ½ Cup Cornflour
- Pinch of Salt
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Dont take a shortcut here or you will end up with pastry!!!
- Quickly work in flour cornflour and salt.
- Roll out 5mm thick and cut into shape or make a log and cut into 5mm slices.
- Bake at 150ºC until light brown
Enjoy with a glass of Scotch Whisky while listening to Rod Stewart (or watching one of his DVD’s) for an authentic Scottish experience.
Christmas 2014 Update – Going to spend another evening with Rod in April 2015!!!