These are my all time favourite chocoholic biscuit – rich, buttery, melt in the mouth, almost bitter yumminess. I don’t recall making these often growing up – probably due to the high cost of butter – but they are a worth every dollar and calorie as an occasional treat. You can make a double mix and freeze some for another day. Usually I would make these using a heaped teaspoon of the mix but have made jumbo ones using an ice-cream scoop for each one!!!
- 200 grams Butter
- 75 grams Sugar
- 175 grams Flour
- 25 grams Cocoa Powder
- 50 grams cornflakes (breakfast cereal)
- Soften butter then beat with the sugar until creamy.
- Add flour, cocoa and cornflakes – mix to combine.
- Put spoonfuls on a greased oven tray and bake at 180ºC for 15 minutes.
- When cool, ice with chocolate icing and top with a piece of walnut.
These are suitable to freeze before you ice them, they defrost quickly then can be iced for serving.