My Twin grandbabies, Zachary and Lillian, are now experimenting with different foods and being the good Nan that I am I have started making them some of my old favourites. Semolina custard was a staple for my children as it is quick and easy to make, can be made with their formuls, and can be tarted up with whatever stewed, canned or fresh fruit that they are ready for.
- 600 mls Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Semolina
- 1Tablespoon Sugar (optional)
- Flavouring to taste (cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla etc)
- Mix semolina with 100 mls of the milk.
- Bring the remainder of the milk to the boil
- Add Semolina, sugar and flavours
- Stir over low heat until thickened.
- Serve hot or cold