My Darling husband Rob came across this easy peasy recipe on http://allrecipes.com.au a few weeks ago and shared it with all on facebook. I know when to take a hint.
The face book transcript went like this…..
Janey Kyle-Scott Rob is going to make these……
Julie Pettett yummmm
Janey Kyle-Scott bbq when you are here julie
Julie Pettett sounds amazing to me!
Rob Scott Might have to try these next Thursday or Friday night…. especially for you Julie Pettett
Julie Pettett woohooo……. 🙂
Well Tonight, Julie was here – so among other things we had these divine morsels. Somewhat reminiscent of the ’70’s Devils and angels or horseback…. fantastic food and awesome company.
- 20 large prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 10 rashers bacon, cut in half
- Preheat barbecue to medium. (or oven to 200ºC)
- Wrap prawns in bacon, and secure with toothpicks.
- Arrange prawns on lightly oiled cooking grate. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning once. The prawns will be done when the bacon is fully cooked. (or put into hot oven for 10 – 15 mins)
The recipe says this will serve 10 people. I doubled it and served 3!!!!!
Link to the original recipe & images – http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/833/bacon-wrapped-prawns.aspx
Don’t think I can do any better tomorrow night so its out for dinner…..but do make these – so easy and so impressive – no sauce required.