My Sister, Anne-Louise lives in the Adelaide Hills and has a large and interesting garden. Near the house she has rambling herbs including a large amount of rosemary which is the highlight of this recipe. The quantities can be adjusted to suit your taste and of course the numbers you will be serving. AL made these for her celebrations in January 2012.
- Diced Lamb – we used a whole leg, boned out then diced into 1.5cm cubes
- Garlic – 1 head, roughly chopped
- Fresh Rosemary – large handful, roughly chopped
- Fresh Parsley – handful, roughly chopped
- Lemon – all the juice out of one
- Olive oil – a large splash, about 1/4 Cup
- Big grind of Pepper
- Mix it all together in a large non metal bowl.
- Put in the fridge overnight (or as long as you have spare)
- Soak wooden skewers for at least an hour.
- Thread 3 or 4 chunks of meat on each skewer and place in a plastic container.
- Pour remaining marinade back over the skewers and put in the fridge until the BBQ is hot and you are ready to cook.
Having the garlic and herbs chunky gives this a fantastic appearance and having Dad there to cook them made it divine.