Hot muffin, aromatic herbs, cheese and more cheese. Yum. These are the ultimate in an adult cheese muffin and are great for nibbles with drinks or have them with soup instead of scones. I have known children who like these too and they have the added benefit of being easy enough for them to make.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 Cup Tasty Cheese – Grated
- 4 Tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs
- 1 Egg
- 1½ Cups Milk
- 250 grams Camembert Cheese
Make the muffins
- Sift Flour, Baking powder, Salt, Pepper and Paprika into a large bowl.
- Rub in the butter until it resembles crumbs
- Stir in the grated cheese and herbs
- Beat the egg and milk together and stir into the dry ingredients until just mixed and lumpy looking.
- Divide mix into well greased mini muffin tins (makes 24 – 30)
- Bake at 200°C for 10 – 12 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a cake rack. (can be made ahead to this point and frozen)
Just before serving,
- Cut the Camembert into 24 – 30 thin slices.
- Make a vertical cut in the top of each muffin and insert a slice of Camembert.
- Bake in the top of the oven at 200°C for 5 minutes to warm through.