These have the all flavour and the crunch of real Hokey Pokey (see Hokey Pokey – Part 1) but with the added stability for putting in the lunch box. They freeze well so are worth making a double mix. If you prefer a more cakey Hokey Pokey Treat then check out Hokey Pokey – Part 2.
- 125 grams butter
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 ½ Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine Butter, Sugar, Golden syrup & Milk in a saucepan. Heat until butter is melted and mixture is nearly boiling, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Sift flour and baking soda together. Add to the cooled mixture. Stir well.
- Do not eat any mix as you will not stop!!
- Roll largish spoonfuls of mixture into balls.
- Place on an ungreased baking tray, press down lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Special thanks to the Edmonds Cookery Book for this nice and easy recipe