“Once you wake up and smell the coffee, it’s hard to go back to sleep.” Fran Drescher
Good Morning World – I just made my first coffee for the day…….. and then in a rush of caffiene induced euphoria, I grabbed my camera, snapped off some pictures, uploaded one with haste……
….. sat at the keyboard with a sense of urgency…..
(this area is blank for a reason)
….sat some more….. unable to conjure the words to express what it all meant. Normally I have the words, I have the story and I use images to illustrate the story, to bring it to life….
….. but today the image is all I have to begin with…..
- Why was this such an important moment?
- What is this rush of excitement that I had?
- Is it normal to love that coffee so bad that you need to photograph it? And tell the world about it?
- Has no-one ever made an iced coffee so beautiful as this?
- Why am I sitting here wanting to share coffee with you ……
I know !!
…. I want to share with you my coffee because I sit here alone, by myself, in a state of solitude not loneliness … yet alone with my coffee. Coffee is designed to be shared….a communal experience, in a café, on a picnic, in the lunch room, while the children play, on a lazy morning, during a phone call, after a fine meal…..shared with a friend, a colleague, a new acquaintance or family…. and so this beautiful morning I share my coffee with you… because I miss you.
Coffee is the common man’s gold, and like gold, it brings to every person the feeling of luxury and nobility.~Sheik Abd-al-Kadir