You can have your cake and eat it too……and these are the proof of that. Melting Moments crossed with Yo-Yo’s…. Dianne loves melting moments and uses the “Edmonds Junior Cookbook” recipe. Only four ingredients and super easy to make – not to mentions yummy mixture to eat. The butter icing filling in that recipe is not the best but the icing Dianne likes has Custard Powder in it also more like a Yo-Yo biscuit filling in the “Edmonds Cookery Book“. The actual filling we use is from the Nainoma Bar in the “Rally Cook Book”. The end result is these buttery creamy rich custardy melt in your mouth goodies.
- 150 grams Butter (soft)
- ½ Cup Icing Sugar
- ½ Cup Custard Powder
- 1 Cup Self-raising Flour
- Turn oven on to 180ºC
- Beat Butter and Icing Sugar until smooth.
- Sift in flour and Custard Powder.
- Mix well to form a dough – don’t worry if it looks a bit crumbly.
- Roll into teaspoon sized balls – be firm so it holds together.
- Put 5 centimetres apart on an oven tray and press lightly with a fork
- Bake 10 = 15 minutes until golden.
- Remove carefully from the tray and cool on a rack
- 30 grams Butter (soft)
- 1 Tablespoons Custard Powder
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Hot water
- Beat together until smooth
- Use to sandwich 2 biscuits together
- Leave to set
This makes 9 or 10 double cookies – but you can double the mix easily.
- You can use a Small Spring Scoop to ensure your biscuits are nice and even
- Weigh and measure ingredients carefully for this one – Get some scales
- Original recipe, and heaps of other great ones, in The Edmonds Cookery Book
National Yo-Yo Day – Celebrated on 6 June
Celebrate by baking and sharing these amazing treats