Made this salad for the first time to take to my brothers place for Christmas 2012. Wasn’t sure about adding the dressing too early in-case it all went gluggy – but actually it was better the next day when the flavours had melded together. This salad is perfect for with turkey or roast pork and has all the Christmas colours with an even mix of sweetness and sour.
- 2 Cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 Cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup chopped green onions (Spring onions)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Cook rice according to package directions; cool.
- Put 1/4 of each of the Peas, Pepper, onions and Cranberries for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the rice with the rest of the peas, red pepper, onions and cranberries.
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon dill, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.