Today is hot, humid and persisting down with rain. Decided it was a good day for some soup – so I looked at what was in the vege selection and decided to make this yummy roasted vegetable soup. By roasting the vegetables they caramelise and develop a nice sweet flavour. We have been making this soup for many years now and its always good and different depending on the vegetable you use. Hope you get a chance to enjoy this on soon.
- 2 Kg Roasting vegetables – pumpkin,parsnips, carrots, kumara, etc
- 4 Tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Cut the vegetables into even-sized 4-5cm pieces.
- Toss the vegetables in half the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on a baking tray and roast at 200°C for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and tender.See Note below
- Cook the onion gently in second measure of oil until soft but not brown.
- Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the roasted Vegetables and stock to the onion and bring to the boil
- When vegetables are soft cool slightly and blend with stab mixer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Reheat gently.
NOTE – Or you can cut vegetables into slices and fry them carefully in a pan or on the BBQ
- Hot Buttered toast
- Garlic croutons
- Sour cream
- Grated cheese
- chopped parsley
- Cheese Scones
- Homemade bread