This Dr Seuss book is an absolute classic and inspires my post for today….One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish…. Black fish, Blue fish, Old fish, New fish…..
We have two Red fish (actually Orange) that we have had for over four years. They have grown so big in that time they are on their third tank. I have also experimented with keeping Blue fish of the Siamese Fighting kind….but they don’t work as well and my Old fish “Paua” passed away this week. Dianne and I went Shopping and got New Fish …from the fishmonger!!!Who am I? My name is Ish On my hand I have a dish. I have this dish to help me wish. When I wish to make a wish I wave my hand with a big swish swish. Then I say “I wish for fish!” And I get a fish right on my dish. So… if you wish to wish a wish, you may swish for fish with my Ish wish dish.
Last night for dinner Dianne and I had Baked whole fish stuffed with garlic, lemon and assorted herbs from our Fairy Herb Garden while Rob dined on Thai-style stir-fried Mussels and Prawns.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red birdseye chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 500g peeled green prawns, tails on, deveined
- 12 mussels in shells, beards removed, scrubbed
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- lime halves, to serve
- Heat oil in a wok on high. Stir-fry chilli, garlic and ginger for 30 seconds, until aromatic.
- In a jug, combine oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, juice and fish sauce.
- Add to wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until boiling and liquid is reduced.
- Add prawns and mussels to wok. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until prawns change colour and mussels open.
- Toss coriander leaves through before serving.
- Serve with lime and accompany with rice, if liked.
I served this up with buns made from my favourite bread recipe
I really enjoyed scrubbing the mussels – they were NZ Green Lipped ones that we had purchased frozen – they smelt like summer at the beach.
Thanks to Dr Seuss for the Inspiration.