The Fifty Shades of Me story is written….. so let the celebrations begin.
Plans for this party were underway for many months with the logistics of international & interstate travellers being balanced with employment rosters and budgets. The selection of the Theme was easy as we had a few spare themes up our sleeves to use for events – The Wizard of Oz it was, it was – it was the theme we chose, becoz…
Guests began to arrive on the Thursday before the party and the last left the following Friday ensuring that I had a full week of celebrations, reminiscences and late nights with the actual time & date of my birth anniversary passing largely unnoticed in the blur of perpetual scotch. Bliss.
Special thanks to
- Dianne for planning and coordinating the party & the decorations
- Cheryl & Ross for the use of their home as our venue
- Alisha for the themed canapes and nibbles
- Kerri & Rob for preparing the most amazing Hangi in Oz
- Rod Stewart for sending Ross Stoopid as his stand-in to serenade me
- Ely for making the birthday cupcakes
- Rick Julie & Jeff, Colleen & Neville and auntie Anne for travelling great distance to celebrate with me
- Wayne for the Bugs and Debbie for the Photography
- my darling Rob for being there to sort out all the mini dramas along the way
- I also wish to thank friends and relatives for their attendance, cards & gifts. – I received many precious surprises.
- Special thanks to Mum & Bernie for the amazing poems and to Anne-Louise for her insightful words (read by Dad)
- Final thanks must go to Mum and Dad for not giving up after baby one…coz baby two was Janey Sue.