So here we are three years into my blogging adventure and today marked the 45,000 visit to the site….thats right 45,000. Thank you all so much for visiting, commenting, sharing and liking my posts…but more than that, thank you for continuing to share my journey through Food and Family…for what else is there?
Do you remember why I started all this?… I went back in search of my first post… In the beginning …. and was pleased to see that I have stayed true to my purpose. A place to share the Stories of the Food and Family and Friends along with the Recipes that made our lives and occasions memorable.
What would an annual report be without some figures. Thankfully wordpress.com has some fantastic statistical reporting so that I have not had to do the calculations myself.
The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 22,000 times in 2013. If it were a concert at Sydney Opera House, it would take about 8 sold-out performances for that many people to see it.
The busiest day of the year was March 10th with 250 views. The most popular post that day was The Demise of the Cheese Platter.
Other Popular posts in 2013 have been
- First post to the blog was on January 18 2011 – almost 3 years
- This is post # 309 – I was hoping to do 1 per week and have continued to achieve double that each year.
- There are 52 categories under which the recipes are indexed. Most are in multiple categories for searchability.
- There are 298 people following my blog through email, facebook, twitter and wordpress – what can I say.
- My mum has made the most comments on the recipes and memories –thanks Mum for the support.
- For Food and Family has been visited 45013 times – not including the times I look – and many of these are just from random google searches
- The top 10 search terms used by people to find my blog have been –
The top 10 supporting countries
The year ahead
What is my plan for 2014 – much the same as for the last three years.
- to continue adding to this collection with Recipes and Memories from the distant past or the current events.
- to be able to respond to more of your requests for the recipes that go with your memories.
- to share more meals with friends and family and to document those memories for the future
- to attract a wider readership
2013 has been a year of extreme highs and some very deep lows for me personally. Writing this blog, getting your feedback and responding to your comments has been my rock on many occasions. I am humbled by the 45,000 visits that you have made to my blog during the last three years. Thank you for visiting For Food and Family, please stick around – there’s more to come.Janey Kyle-Scott 9 January 2014