Was out with hubby for lunch the other day and ordered the ‘Deluxe Salmon – Grilled Salmon on jasmine rice with Bluefire salsa’ and this is what I imagined it would be…
I even took the time to ask what was in the salsa and was told they hadn’t made any so it would be served with tartare sauce – I did comment that this was an unusual accompaniment.
After a reasonable wait our meals arrived and imagine my surprise to get a plate of Garden Salad and Fries with a piece of Grilled salmon on top accompanied by a dish of tartare….something like this…
I asked where the rice was to be told by the waiter…. “I thought you would prefer this”!!! After reminding him that I had in fact ordered the Deluxe salmon – that is described on the menu as coming with rice- he retreated to the kitchen and returned with a bowl of rice and told me there would be “no charge” for the rice!!!!
Being a resourceful young lady I popped the Salmon onto the rice, diced up some of the salad vegies to make a wee salsa for on the salmon and squeezed the sad bit of lemon across the top… Voila “Deluxe Salmon” as ordered.
Looked a bit like this by the time I was done (about 30 seconds)…
But here are the issues….
- How hard is it to make salsa when you have a kitchen full of fresh ingredients (as they had for the salads)
- Why have a menu if you are just going-
- give people what you think they might like rather than what they ordered
- let the kitchen plate up what they feel like and think that the paying customer will be happy
A really disappointing meal.
- Hubbys steak was at least 50 grams smaller than the menu promoted
- Although he was asked how he wanted his steak cooked – their version of ‘medium’ was ‘Really well done’
- I Shared the extra salad with hubby and dipped the chips in the tartare – no wastage on our table.
- The salad was actually nice, fresh and well dressed.
Inala, QLD 4077