Through the MKR series teams were required to create their instant Restaurant complete with name, theme, decor and prepare & serve a three-course menu for 10 People.
Teams had to shop for all their ingredients, decorate their restaurant and then had only 3 hours of prep and cooking time before the guests and judges arrived.
Through the My Kitchen Rules series there were up to three occasions when the Instant restaurant was the battleground so..in order for some realism I present my Instant restaurant – Name, Theme, Decor and three three-course menus – the first two with no choices and the final menu with a choice of two for each course.
In keeping with MY rules I will also nominate my “partner” to work with for each of the menus
“The Bay” – a celebration of where I grew up, in Napier, Hawkes Bay in New Zealands North Island. This region encompasses plentiful fisheries, fertile farmland for Beef, Dairy and Sheep, bountiful harvests of fruit and vegetables, native bushland for bees to turn into rich honey as well as a perfect conditions for wine production.
Decor for “The Bay” incorporates the Coastal Elements, Art Deco and an abundance of blossom in pink & white
Menu One – The first round
- French Onion soup with cheese floaters
- Drunken Fisherman – Hapuka steaks poached in wine & herbs, topped with plump oysters and a sherry infused bechamel
- Hassle-back Potatoes and lemon pepper Asparagus spears
- Peach Melba – Grilled Peach with fresh raspberry coulis and a Manuka Honey ice-cream
Menu Two – The bottom teams welcome the intruders
- Salmon Roulade
- Garlic studded Lamb loin with a Plum jus
- Broccoli au gratin and roast vegetable cubes
- Individual Pavlova with Strawberry mousse and a Kiwifruit glaze
Menu Three – The finals round
- Mini Smoked Fish Pies
- Deep fried Camembert with an Apricot & Ginger gel
- Beef cheeks and Mushroom over fettuccine ribbons
- Garlic & pepper duo of beans
- Pork fillets with Tamarillo sauce
- Brussel sprouts amandine and a Polenta smear
- Chocolate Self Saucing puddings with a mint sorbet
- Upside down Apricot & Macadamia Cheesecake
The instant restaurants are hosted in your own home and I can think of no better people to assist me than my three wonderful talented children – in the order of their birth…. with Riki for menu one, Alisha for menu two and Dianne for menu three.
Its all about Food and Family