For the two teams who made the grand final of My Kitchen Rules 2014, the last challenge was to deliver five-courses with 20 serves of each in front of previous contenders and close family & friends – no pressure!!!
For this final challenge I would call on my brother Chris to be by my side… see the surprise on his face…first he heard of it!!!!
Our menu includes some favourites of yesteryear and a few recent twists on some favorite ingredients.
- Pauls Bruschetta
- Complete with the secret ingredient
- Seafood chowder served in a bread roll
- Hearty and hot with hint of curry and splash of cream
- Liver Mousse crepe cigars
- On an Apple Jelly smear
- Avocado and Crab
- In a creamed spinach sauce
- Deconstructed Baklava with a twist
- Crisp Filo cups filled with Manuka Honey & Cinnamon ice-cream
- Topped with Macadamia nut praline and a Drambuie glaze
While there are loose recipes for these items, they are a reflection of the places we have worked combined with our personalities. Chris and I tend to cook by taste, feel, instinct and good luck. this may well work against us but it usually works out OK.
Cheers Bro – will have to do this next time we get together…be ready.
MKR – Taking on the Challenge (My Rules)