Was first introduced to this party dip a few years ago at a work lunch. Since then it has become quite popular and has appeared at many events, in the personalised style of the maker, and is often known as Seven Layer Dip. While the basic concept remains the same the individual variations are endless. Last week our Son in law had a Mexican themed 30th birthday party so I decided it was time to trot out yet another version.
Select a suitable dish – preferable with clear sides so the layers can be seen.
Layer the following ingredients into the dish in this order ie the beans are the Bottom Layer.
- 1 can of refried beans – mixed with 1/2 packet of Taco seasoning.
- Guacamole (make your own or buy some)
- Sour Cream – mixed with other half of seasoning mix
- Top with sliced Spring onions
- Add additional layers of Shredded lettuce, Salsa, Shredded Cheese, Sweetcorn
- Additional toppings could include sliced black olives, diced capsicum, diced tomato, grated cheese
Serve with piles of corn chips and vegetable sticks (celery, carrot, capsicum)
And you can’t have a Mexican Party without a Chocolate Chilli Sombrero, covered in Marzipan, filled with Strawberry/Lime Salsa accompanied by an Avocado/Lime Marshmallow and served with Spiced Wholemeal Cookie Curls.
Special thanks to Google Images for all the awesome presentation ideas shown above.