Some may note the slight change in the title….. and this is OK.
- This is not quitting.
- This is adapting.
- This is finding my place, my way, my groove
Had two rest days, where I still did 6,000+ & 8,000+ steps, and did some researching and discussing my modus operandi and goals for this activity…I have decided to follow a less prescriptive workout.
- Today Riki and I did the 2.5km circuit at a fast walk – Rikis pace
- Did a 20 second sprint – ok not really a sprint but the fastest I have run in a long time
- The circuit is has hills (undulations) that we (almost) mainianed his long legged, fast, walking pace on.
- Got home in 28 mins. therfore same average pace as C25K W1
- Felt far more comfortable in my legs, breating and heart rate – although stull buggered!!!
- Maybe I will get to running 5k, maybe I wont….but I am moving forward, and moving faster
Pre-workout we had a Whole Egg Primal Coffee with a Bulletproof Coffee Twist sweetened with Honey and spiced with Tumeric, Cinnamon & Cardamom ….got home feeling good. This is a Lactose free, caffineated version of my normal eggy drink…. almost heaven in a glass….but the most Late like version is…
- Double Shot Long Black (about 100 – 150 mls)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Unsalted Butter
- Blend with stab mixer or bullet blender until emulsified
- Drink while hot – or an oil slick will form on the surface
Here is the new plan
- Workout 30 minutes three times a week (Mon, Thu & Sat)
- Variety of workout, walk, jog, swim, play
- Increase daily step target to 7,000 on non workout days – this will be tough as on my phone based work days I sometimes struggle to get to 3,000 steps.
- 10x Burpees + 1x 1 min Plank each non workout day
Total workouts done = 10