We had a late addition to our guest list who happens to be lactose intolerant and suddenly a new beverage appeared in glasses. Behold the Mango Duckiri ….
- 4 – 6 Frozen Mango Cheeks
- 200 – 300 mls Orange Juice
- 60 mls Vodka (or a splash more)
- 15 – 30 mls Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Chop the Mango cheeks into quarters if you can
- Put everything in a Blender, Magic Bullet, Ninja or whatever you have
- Pulse to break up the Mango and process until smooth
- Taste and add extra of whatever ingredient is needed to balance the taste
- Pour into glasses, add a straw and a little fluffy bird.
This makes 2 or 3 depending on the size of your glasses.
OK- so this is only a minor variation on a classical Mango Daiquiri…but with fluffy ducklings collected along the rim…and as Rachael stated…. “My drink has chickens your argument is invalid”
- Tropical Juice blend
- Coconut Rum rather than Vodka
- Lemon Juice not Lime
- Tastes the same without Chickens as a garnish
These proved to be a hit for a few days and I am now pleased to report that there is room in the freezer for this years crop of mangoes that are ripening on the tree.