Continuing with my change to a Low Carb High Fat way of eating, and all the health benefits that have come with it, I wanted to make a Tiramisu for our dessert. It was only Rob and I so I made two single serves.
Firstly I made a double shot of espresso and popped it in the freezer to cool. This was about 60 mls of strong coffee and could also be achieved with 1 tsp instant coffee and 60 ml water.
Then I made a Sponge with a 1 egg batch of LCHF oopsies , with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cooked them over a medium heat in a buttered frypan. It didnt matter that they got a bit messy when I flipped them over and they came apart easily when cooked.
For the creamy bit I put 2 large Tablespoons of Marscapone, 1/4 Cup cream and 1 teapoon of vanilla in a jug and whipped it with the beater until it thickened.
Finally I put it all together…..
- Grab a wine glass
- Add a splash of your chosen booze
- I used Scotch for me and Caramel Syrup for Rob
- Shove an oopsie into each glass and let it fold up as it chooses
- Pour on 1 Tablespoon of the cooled Coffee into each
- Dollop in 1/4 of the creamy mix
- Repeat the layers
- Top with some grated dark chocolate
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to allow flavours to blend
This recipe is part of a collection of LCHF (Low Carb High Fat) recipes that I have been experimenting with. These are not neccessarily original although may have been adapted and blended from recipes readily available online. This collection is some that I have tried and enjoyed, collated here for my convenience and yours. Where the recipe is a LCHF adaptation of another recipe that I have already shared, I shall link them…because I can.