Did a bit of baking with mydaughter Dianne in preparation for a picnic. Top of her list was for me to make my Savoury Muffins …. it appears that I make them better than her, in her opinion. We then decided to make a couple of loaves – one Dark Fruit and this moist golden Coconut Loaf.
This Coconut Loaf recipe comes from one of the many Margaret Fulton recipe books that I have had for 30+ years. This page has been used a bit.
- 125 grams Butter
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ Cups Self-Raising Flour
- 4 Tablespoons Dessicated Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Cream the Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs one at a time
- Fold in the Flour and 3 Tablespoons of the coconut
- Spoon into a greased and lined 500gram loaf tin
- Sprinkle with remaining Tablespoon of Coconut
- Bake at 180ºC for 60 minutes – dont overcook
- Cool and serve slices spread with butter
Variations – Add a few drops of Almond Essence or a teaspoon of grated Citrus Zest